No Harm Done

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

The Chronic (What??)cles of Narnia

Sunday night I was up late working on our family's Christmas newsletter. (The cover will be posted here next week, by the way.) I had the tv on in the background, so as to avoid hearing the footsteps of any unwanted guests that might be hiding behind the walls, and was doing a pretty good job of concentrating on my work until I heard someone rapping about (I thought) the Chronicles of Narnia.

What an odd thing to rap about. Girls, police killings, drug, bling, sure. Standard fare, I suppose. But a children's fantasy novel?

I turned to watch it and discovered, to my (Turkish) delight, that they were indeed rapping about Narnia. It was a short film done by a couple of obscure cast members of Saturday Night Live. It was the first thing I've laughed at on SNL in a looooong time.


Yesterday it appeared on the internet, and I'm linking it here. It's a short film called "Lazy Sunday." It aired originally on Saturday Night Live, so watch at your own peril. They bleeped out one word, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what that word was.

Take a moment to watch this and let me know what you think.

5 Comments:

At 10:47 AM , Blogger Amy said...

"Mr. Pibb and red vines equals crazy delicious." Oh my goodness that is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time! Thanks for sharing it.

 
At 4:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Amy...that was the best line. SNL can be very funny sometimes. Too bad they are sooooo crude.

Thanks for your congrats. I was perfectly content with the way things were, but God had something different in mind for us (perhaps). Yes, the time cannot go "fast" enough. I don't enjoy this part.

Praying for you and your family...

 
At 1:48 PM , Blogger J-Lynn said...

I watched that on SNL last week and laughed out loud quite a few times. That stupid humor gets me every time! I saw the link online today as well and replayed it about 5 times...rofl Oh, and sent it to everyone I knew! hehe

 
At 10:52 AM , Blogger PB&K said...

Mrs. Harm,

Hope you had a great Christmas celebration! I'm in town for the week and hope to see you and the family! I wasn't able to catch your message before I left IL, so no slimy-goldfishes for the kiddies. Sorry, but next time I'll try to remember.

 
At 3:43 PM , Blogger PB&K said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home