No Harm Done

Sunday, December 11, 2005

We're Here! But We're Very Sleepy....

We've been on vacation all week, and we've spent the past 3 days at home catching up on sleep, I think. I keep meaning to blog about our trip, but then one boy or another wants to snuggle and snooze, and how can I pass that up?

M. had a business trip, and the kids and I got to go along. Once in Wisconsin, we dropped the boys off with their cousins, and M. and I had 2 nights and 3 days all to ourselves.


















The kids all slept in one room: 2 in bunk beds and 4 on the floor. Colson was so proud that he was at last able to sleep with the "big kids" instead of in a crib or playpen.





















The kids all went sledding on the hill in the backyard. Thankfully no one hit a tree. Well, they didn't hit hard, anyway.




















Darth Colson.






















This was Colson's first memorable experience with snow. He had a good time, though the gloves took a little getting used to.

The boys love visiting their cousins, and Uncle M. and Aunt T. take great care of them. While there, Brogan jumped off the top bunk and landed on a toy, cutting his foot pretty badly. He sat on the couch with a freezer pop taped to his foot to ice it down. (He got to eat the freezer pop when it was melty.) I got a phone call 2 hours later from a slightly worried Aunt T. letting us know he still wasn't walking. She and the kids pampered him all day, letting him nap in front of the fire, giving him big band-aids, putting pillows under his foot, and bringing his lunch to him on a tray. I worried about Brogie's foot, but knew he was in good hands.

By the end of the day, he still refused to walk on it, and we were starting to wonder if a doctor's visit would be necessary. When Uncle M. came home from work, Aunt T. told him about the accident, and M. called out, "Brogan, walk over here to me!" Brogan walked over, and then spent the rest of the night running around with the cousins.

We'd been hoodwinked. That kid is good!

2 Comments:

At 6:01 PM , Blogger PB&K said...

Hi Hillary! It's great to hear you had a nice trip. I wanted to apologize for the last comment I left because that website is not something I should promote. I sure wouldn't want it promoted on your blog, even through the comments. So, I'm sorry about that. Will you be around T-town during the Holidays?

 
At 2:13 PM , Blogger Donna Boucher said...

Where in Wisconsin did you visit?

Huh?

Donna

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home