No Harm Done

Saturday, November 26, 2005

"Run Forest! Run!"












I think of that line every time we watch Lord Of the Rings: The Two Towers. Those scenes with Merry and Pippin hanging onto the walking trees just seem to cry out for someone to quip that famous line from "Forrest Gump."

M. and Braden are currently 2/3 of the way through a Lord of the Rings marathon. Thursday night they watched The Fellowship of the Ring. Friday night was The Two Towers. Tonight they'll finish up with Return of the King.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. The G. family came to join us for dinner and the kids had a fantastic time playing together. M. and Mr. G. got to watch a little football.

M. wanted to try a new stuffing recipe from a sausage manufacturer's website. I tend to be a traditionalist for Thanksgiving: I like to have the same things evey year. There's a comfort, I think, in those special dishes. This year we made the new stuffing (plus the "old" stuffing I always make), and M. 's mom's amazing mashed potatoes. I think both dishes will grace our table again next Thanksgiving.

1 Comments:

At 1:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We love LOTR around here. Last year, I bought the unabridged books on tape from eBay and the kids listened to all of them. I hugged Evan when he cried about Gandalf "dying" in Moria and enjoyed his look of delight when he realized who it was that appeared before Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli in Fangorn. I let the boys watch most all of the movies (I censored some of the scarier stuff this time)and told them they can watch them again someday after they read the books themselves.

On stuffing: I've never cared for it until my sister-in-law made some with sausage and craisins. It was chewy. I'm not into soggy bread.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home