No Harm Done

Friday, December 30, 2005

Feeling a Bit MacGyver-ish.




Today Braden was riding bikes with a boy in the neighborhood. Braden came in asking for band-aids for his friend while I was on the phone, and I kind of waved him over to where the first aid box was so he could get them himself. Minutes later, out of the corner of my eye, I saw the boys attempting to plaster a very large scrape with teeny, tiny band aids.

I quickly ended the phone call and went over to take charge. I sent the boy with the scrape to wash and dry his cut while I got out antibacterial goo. The scrape was quite large - a good 3 inches long and 1.5 to 2 inches wide. Clearly, none of my band-aids were going to cut it.

I looked for the giant gauze pads that I knew were somewhere, but I couldn't find them.

I couldn't send this boy home with a giant, oozing wound, but I had no bandages or gauze pads. I did have plenty of bandage tape, though.

Hmmmm. What to do?

I needed a pad-ish or bandage-ish something that was large enough to cover the wound. It needed to be very absorbant, but not stick to the wound or leave little fibers.

Hmmm. I did eventually find something in my bathroom that worked perfectly. I cut it down to fit, taped it on the wounded boy's arm, and sent him off with an urgent, "Tell your mom I had no bandages big enough and this was ALL I could come up with," and hoped she'd understand.

I'll give you three guesses as to what was taped to that boy's arm. :)

4 Comments:

At 10:05 PM , Blogger Dy said...

I am literally ROFLMBO!! That's priceless, but what ingenuity! Kudos to you, Mama!

I'm gonna be chuckling over this for a week...

Dy

 
At 10:55 PM , Blogger Amy said...

I just want to know what his mom said! Please report back on that. MacGyver indeed!

 
At 9:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha! You are soooo resourceful! I want to know what the mom said too!

 
At 11:41 PM , Blogger H said...

I want to know what his mom said too, but I'd too chicken to go over there. I keep hoping to "bump into " her. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home