No Harm Done

Friday, March 28, 2008

This year I've been learning to knit, and am really having fun! I've never been the kind of person to sit and do just one thing at a time. So knitting is a perfect fit for my need to constantly fidget and do something relatively productive.

In school, I'd read a book under my desk and listen to the teacher (yes, I was actually listening and taking notes) at the same time. It drove my teachers nuts. When I watch tv, I'm working on a project. When I listen to sermons, I'm taking notes and drawing in the margins.

My knitting repertoire is very limited. So far I can make hats, scarves, and mittens. But my friend and teacher Mrs. D. is wonderfully patient, and teaches me something new to make every time I visit her.

Below, Colson shows off his "Viking-colored scarf" and a very pointy watch-cap. He looks like a little gnome in that hat. Or a conehead.


This is one of a series of watch-caps I've made for the boys. It's the same pattern used to make watch-caps for "Master and Commander." The caps look very nice on handsome Hollywood actors, but I find that adorable four year-olds can pull them off quite well.


Braden was not thrilled with holding still to model a scarf.


I managed to convince him to try to smile.


Braden and Brogan wanted mittens out of this colorful yarn. The flash on my camera muted the color a bit; they're pretty bright. Braden's pair are finished, and Brogan's pair are nearly done - they just need thumbs.


Here's Brogan modeling his scarf and one of a pair of navy blue mittens I'm making. I haven't added the thmbs yet. I don't like doing thumbs - they're quick to do, but you have to knit in such a small circle that my hands get tired easily. So I knit both mittens and add the thumbs at the end.


And a matching scarf for Hubert.

1 Comments:

At 8:27 AM , Blogger Meliss said...

Maybe you can guess why I'm visiting your blog today. I think I'll come back again later. :)

I got in trouble when my 4th grade teacher caught me reading in class.

Good job on all your knitting projects!

It must be the age: Evan behaves like Braden when it comes to pictures.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home