No Harm Done

Monday, February 25, 2008

2008 B.P.



B.P. = Before the Plague

Before the plague enveloped our house, we spent time playing in the snow. Two of the boys, Brogan and Braden, spent a couple of hours outside. They filled squirt bottles with water and food coloring and tie-dyed the yard.

Then they raided the costume box and created this guy:

He was supposed to be a snow penguin, but he ended up to be taller than your average penguin. I'm still not sure how the Zorro mask and the cowboy hat fit in.....

Mira! El Zorro!

"Two bits, four bits, six bits, a peso! All for Zorro, stand up and say so!"

I loved this movie when I was a kid. M. and I rented it a few months ago, because he'd said he'd never seen it. (I know! How did he miss "Zorro - The Gay Blade?!?!?!") Anyway, the movie was, not surprisingly, more than a bit campy. But overall it held up really well over the past 25+ years. We both liked it.



Why am I writing about Zorro?

Oh, that's right. The boys' penguin reminded me of El Zorro.

Well, a Zorro without a tan. He's probably more like Bunny Wigglesworth masquerading as Zorro, actually.

3 Comments:

At 8:42 AM , Blogger Dy said...

ROFLOL! Oh, "the ships, you know, the ships in the field" and "all the piples"... that is SO one of my favorite campy movies!

Glad you're emerging from the plague!

Dy

 
At 8:50 AM , Blogger H said...

Dy- I canNOT beLIEVE you just quoted from Zorro!

I always suspected we were kindred spirits. (Well, kindred spirits in a "you're way cooler spirit than I'll ever be" kind of way.) And now I know we MUST be!

 
At 5:28 PM , Blogger Laney said...

ROFL!! But not why you think! Hubby and I just watched "More Cowbell" and we nearly wet ourselves laughing.

P.S. Love the bow tie. It's what al the chic snowmen are wearing.;-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home