No Harm Done

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Recently I got to go visit my dentist to have some repair work done.

Last summer he'd replaced an old filling, and the new filling had chipped off and needed to be replaced. (Free of charge, thankfully!).

I'm a bit of an "anti-dentite," having endured a couple of painful encounters with dental drills in my youth. My current dentist is calm, pleasant, and completely willing to work with my chicken-y tendencies.

The last time I had to have work done, my dentist introduced me to the joy of laughing gas. So for this most recent trip I was actually looking forward to another enjoyable afternoon spent "under the influence."

Now, while the dentist works, my thoughts tend to wander (aided by the lovely laughing gas) and during this last appointment I realized that laughing gas does not ensure you will have happy thoughts.

My dentist, wonderful, calming, and pleasant though he is, is blessed/cursed with looks that resemble a current character on television/DVDs.


No, not this guy.




Nope. Not this guy either. (Unfortunately.....)




Oh....... I wish.........





It's this guy. Sylar.


My poor, poor dentist looks like one of the creepiest, most evil villians I have ever seen on network television.


Just imagine the drug-induced thoughts one might have as this guy, with a drill in his hands, slowly moves toward your face.

shudder

5 Comments:

At 5:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The 3rd guy in your line-up looks like MY dentist - except my dentist looks like he just turned 16, maybe 17 on a bad day. What is this guy's name, and what show is he on?
Mom

 
At 8:50 AM , Blogger Donna Boucher said...

My husband once had a colonoscpy (sp)
(I love when my spelling is so off the speller can't even help me.)
when I went back to sit with my hubby afterward he said to me in a very groggy voice...

did you see my doctor?
He is very handsome.

And then I saw him.

And he was the most handsome man I have ever seen in Wisconsin.

Funny huh?

I looked him up on the hospital website cause I couldn't make out his last name....

He was from Iceland.

 
At 11:06 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

We watch Heroes all the time and I would be totally freaked out too if my dentist looked like Sylar. Or if anybody I saw looked like him really.

 
At 12:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

@anonymous: The third guy is Christian Bale from Batman Begins and The Prestige, among others

 
At 1:14 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, yikes! I would have panicked, for sure!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home