No Harm Done

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Braden's piano recital was today, and I made a clumsy attempt to videotape it. His white sweater sort of glows on camera, and even though I heard him just fine, you may have to turn up your speakers.

Overall he did well, I think. He made a small mistake at the end of one piece, but kept his composure and continued on nicely.

This recital was sort of humbling and encouraging all at once. There weren't many beginning students this time, and most of the other students playing were older and more advanced. So, humbling in the sense that his wasn't the most amazing piece we heard, but encouraging in the sense that he was able to see where he's headed and what he'll be able to play someday.


The first song is "Funeral March for a Marionette" (better known as the Alfred Hitchcock theme music), and the second is "Carol of the Bells."


2 Comments:

At 1:56 AM , Blogger Darin said...

Great job!

Takes me back to when I had piano recitals.

I HATED them. Bleah.

 
At 2:59 PM , Blogger Meliss said...

Nice Job Braden! I enjoyed hearing you play.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home