No Harm Done

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Happy, Happy Evening

Tonight we loaded up the van and hit the dollar theatre to watch "Hairspray." Brogan and M. went under duress (and a boatload of guilt), but Braden and Colson were happy to go.

Braden, thanks to twelve years in my company, has a surprising familiarity with showtunes and is always up for seeing a musical. Though he was tempted to duck into the adjacent theater where "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" was showing, he stayed the course and enjoyed the movie.

Colson, however, might have a future in musical theatre. He is the only one of my three offspring who can carry a tune. He has a good memory for songs and he loves to dance. He was the most excited to see the movie and was enthralled by every minute.

I thought it was just as fun the second viewing, especially since this time I was able to pretty much tune out John Travolta's Miss Piggy inspired performance. I wished for about the millionth time ever that I could have taken dance lessons at some point. The kids dancing on screen looked so fun and carefree!

Here's a sample. Turn up the volume and try to keep your feet from tapping. I dare you.

1 Comments:

At 7:50 PM , Blogger JAM said...

AAAAAHHHHH!!!! (That is the sound of Hailey upon seeing Zac Efron). I think she is my only hope for musical theater. In fact, it was my comment about her possibly being part of her OWN Disney channel show that coerced her into tap and jazz dancing lessons instead of karate. Muhahahahaha.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home