No Harm Done

Sunday, November 04, 2007

We’ve been working diligently on Brogan’s first grade reading and writing skills this year. His printing is really coming along, and he’s gaining speed and confidence in his reading.

I’ve been waiting for him to begin writing sentences. Real sentences. Not sentences that I’ve dictated to him, but ones that he generates himself.

I remember when my sister and brother were in this stage, and they wrote cute little notes to Mom: “I luv yoo,” things of that nature. It was sweet and adorable.

Brogan was so proud of his first sentence that he had to show it to me tonight:





Sigh……. At least it’s spelled correctly.


And, of course, I - ever the mature adult- responded with:

6 Comments:

At 12:07 AM , Blogger Frankie said...

I sprayed my diet pepsi! Good grief, you do make me laugh.

Good come back, mom.

 
At 11:47 AM , Blogger JAM said...

Thank you for the HUGE laugh! I needed that this morning! Oh gosh my stomach hurts . . .

 
At 11:59 AM , Blogger Shel said...

You let him talk to you like that? Just kidding. That is too funny.

 
At 8:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, no... it WAS a compliment! He just can't spell. "Phat" means "pretty, hot, and tempting" (I looked it up on Yahoo!). So it was sweet and adorable after all, in an urban rapper sort of way. ; )

Lisa

 
At 1:23 PM , Blogger Meliss said...

I thought that I commented on this yesterday, but...I am still laughing!

 
At 10:29 AM , Blogger Lisa~ said...

Hi! New to your blog... I cracked up when I read what you both wrote! If I was drinking something I sure I would have sprayed it all over too! lol

Cute...

Lisa~

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home