No Harm Done

Sunday, September 06, 2009

Botanical Gardens

Last month we visited the botanical gardens at a large university several hours away. We chose the hottest day of the summer to do so, I think.

The gardens had sort of a dinosaur theme, which the boys loved. Brogan looks terrified of the T-Rex skull, don't you think?



The garden staff buried giant bones in the children's garden. Children could play archaeologist and find the bones buried in gravel beds. Brogan and Colson had a great time digging up bones, and then then re-burying them for the next family.



Grandpa had the right idea: Just wait in the shade until the kids were ready to move on!



Brogan and Grandma played on the stone seating.





It was hot. Not only was it hot; it was HOT. Upper 90's and high humidity hot. We happily lingered in any shade we could find.


I love this picture because every person in it is looking in a completely different direction!

1 Comments:

At 1:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you talked about the
English Patient earlier, but I have to tell you this story. I rented it and well it was confusing to say the least. I felt like I just generally had missed something. When I returned the video I told them it was a strange movie. They said, "Oh yeah, after you left we realized we had forgotten to give you the 1st tape!" Now already knowing the ending I didn't real care to know the beginning!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home