No Harm Done

Monday, December 01, 2008

My Apologies

My apologies, Dear Readers, but today's blog photo is meant for primarily one person: my dear, sweet nephew, J.

I've been sorting through pictures from this summer and organizing them on my computer. In doing so I noticed a recurring theme. I realized that I am blessed with an abundance of family members who make an art of photobombing.

For example, on our camping trip whenever I aimed the camera in Nephew J's general direction he would pose. Sadly, not a suave or debonair pose, but a generally doofus-y pose.

Exhibit A:


Lovely, isn't it?

J., honey, this photo is going into my "Save it for when J. gets married and his wife wants pictures of his childhood" folder. Keep this up and I'll have a nice, thick folder all ready for her in, say, 15-20 years.

However, Nephew J. makes his photobombing obvious. He lays it all out there and hides nothing from the camera. At 13, he has not yet learned that subtlety is a photobomber's greatest strength.

My sister, Mallory, is especially talented. While I am taking a group shot, I make sure everyone is in my frame, and then I'm trying very hard not to move or jiggle the camera. Mallory will look lovely and adorable, but at some point her features slide unnoticed into a pose perfect for photobombing.

Here's an example: I have cropped the other people out of the photo, except Mom, who for some reason was looking the other way. (Was she distracted by the woman on her cell phone?)


Look at that expression! She moves so slowly and subtley that I usually won't notice until I get home and look at the pictures on the computer. Genius!

And so, Nephew J., I look forward to what I am sure will be many, many, many more goofy photos from you. May you grow in both skill and stealth.

1 Comments:

At 3:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, this isn't a bad picture. I've seen much worse.T

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home