No Harm Done

Monday, October 20, 2008

Crash!!!


The littles and I were in a car accident tonight. I was T-Boned by a motorcycle while we were two blocks from home.

Everyone involved is ok, but sadly, my van is not.

The driver side of my van is dented and scratched from bumper to bumper. The driver's window is shattered. Glass is everywhere. And my front tires are now both sort of.... bowlegged? Knock-kneed? Is there a word for what happened? At any rate, the van is not drivable for more than a couple of blocks.

The motorcycle??? No damage. None. It looks completely untouched.

How is it that a little motorcycle rendered my great big van useless?

Not fair.

Not fair. Not fair. Not fair!!!!


OK. My tantrum is over. Tomorrow I call the insurance agent, figure out what I'll be driving for the next little bit, and pray that this whole thing gets settled quickly.

7 Comments:

At 10:25 PM , Blogger Meliss said...

I'm sorry! I'm glad that none of you were hurt, but too bad about your van. That is really weird that the van is so drastically damaged, but the motorcycle is unscathed. I really hope that insurance covers the damages for you.

 
At 11:24 PM , Blogger Scott said...

What about the motorcyclist? Glad to hear God's angels were watching over you all.

Too bad it wasn't a deer; at least you would have gotten some venison out of it! ;-)

Scott & Tracy

 
At 12:17 AM , Blogger Frankie said...

Oh, I'm so sorry! I'm glad you were all okay and God was watching out for you.

Two blocks from your house...wow.

Hope that the insurance issue get resolved quickly and you are mobile very quickly.

 
At 1:12 AM , Blogger Mallory said...

I'm glad you're all ok!

 
At 11:59 AM , Blogger Darin said...

A van? Hmmmm...now I'm all about efficiency..but...a van?

Here's to hoping you get something sassy and stylish...as well as efficient.

 
At 12:36 PM , Blogger H said...

Gasp!!!

Are you mocking my ride???

 
At 12:51 AM , Blogger Darin said...

Of course I am!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home