No Harm Done

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Beauuuuuuuty Mate!!!



I first posted about The Wiggles here. We've Netflix'd nearly every one of their DVDs, and have even invested in a CD in the year since Colson first discovered this group. I've even joined the Wiggles message board forum. (Sigh....I know. I know.)

Anyway, when we looked up the locations of The Wiggles' North American tour, we were excited to see our nearby big city on the list! And in the birthday month of the biggest little Wiggle fan in our family! It was too wonderful to pass up, so our birthday gift for Colson this year was a trip to the big city to see The Wiggles perform.



They drove out in their big, red car and Colson got excited. He'd hoped he'd be able to ride in the car with Murray.




We brought along binoculars for Colson and Brogan. I used them to try to determine whether or not Jeff was actually playing the keyboard (He wasn't), and if Murray was really playing "Stairway to Heaven" (He was). I learned that Jeff really looks good for his age. he's 55, I think. Maybe 56. But you'd never know it looking at him.




Murray and Jeff worked the crowd, and at one point Murray walked very close to us. I couldn't get a good picture of him, but I did get one of Colson waving to him.




Everyone was there: Dorothy, Captain Feathersword, Wags, and Henry. Even the Wiggly dancers were the same dancers you see on the videos.

I think it was the best concert I have ever been to. Now, when I say that, you need to know that I've only been to 3 other concerts: Chayanne (when I lived in Costa Rica), Lee Greenwood ( a fun concert), and Gary Puckett and the Union Gap . So, take the whole "best concert I've ever seen" thing with a grain of salt.

I think my favorite part was watching Colson watch the show. He may not remember this day when he's grown. but I will.

2 Comments:

At 10:51 AM , Blogger Donna Boucher said...

Sweet! Looks like a ton of fun!

 
At 2:35 AM , Blogger Dy said...

Oh, HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, COLSON!

I'm so sorry I was gone for this, but am glad it didn't get buried in the archives before I could get caught up.

I kwym about US remembering these wonderful, magical days. What a great treat for him - and for you. :-)

I had NO IDEA any of the guys were in their 50's! Wow. Where do they get their energy? And is Capt. Feathersword as cute IRL as he is on video? ;-)

Dy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home