No Harm Done

Friday, May 20, 2005

One More Reason to Love These Guys.



Braden and I first discovered the Wiggles several years ago on the All New Captain Kangaroo television show. Not a great show, by any stretch of the imagination, but these guys that came on to sing from time to time were fun!

Last month, the kids were browsing DVDs at the library, when we discovered that these guys from the Kangaroo show had made a DVD. Wait, they've made many DVDs. And a movie! And they have a tv show! Apparently The Wiggles are a preschool hit. Where have I been?

Brogan wanted to bring home the "Wiggle Bay" video, which was actually not too bad. The songs are simple, catchy and sweet. They're the kind that go 'round in your head all day, which can be good or bad, depending upon the song. While I watched with the kids, I thought about how tired they must be. I mean, they sing and dance throughout the entire thing.

Last week we returned to the library to check out "Wiggle Time" (Colson's choice), and we've been watching it all week. Again, The Wiggles sing and dance constantly. So Brogan and I got up off the couch to join in the dancing.

Oh. My. Word. One song wiped me out. These are not simple, short movements like you'd do in aerobics calsses. These are wide sweeping gestures, and huge jumps! But I've found that this is a great aerobic program that I can do with the boys. Not that they need aerobics, but it's waaaay more fun to do with the kids than by myself. Plus, I'm much more consistent with it because I don't have as many excuses to put it off. (I'll do it at naptime when they're sleeping. No I'll do it after they go to bed. Hmm....maybe tomorrow morning.)

Someone needs to let the Wiggles know about this. This could open them up to a whole new market.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home