No Harm Done

Sunday, April 30, 2006

For the Discerning Palate



Mmmmmmmmmm............

Looks delicious, doesn't it?

Know what it is? It's ice cream. Topped with chocolate sauce. The chocolate sauce is topped with....anyone?.......anyone?.......corn flakes.

Yup. Kellogg's corn flakes. On my ice cream. I had them in my pantry because I used some to make "Funeral Potatoes" for Easter.

When I was an exchange student in Costa Rica in college I got used to trying some odd food combinations. But this was one I actually liked: corn flakes on ice cream. It's stuck with me over the years, but no matter how many times the boys see me do it, they still give me the same facial expressions:




It's okay. Maybe it's not for everybody.

All the more for ME!!!!!!!

3 Comments:

At 2:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with the boys on that one! My Grandma used to make a topping for ice cream out of corn flakes and peanuts with some sort of sugary coating. I never ate that either.

 
At 12:52 AM , Blogger Dy said...

Oh, you should try fried ice cream! Ball up the ice cream, roll it in crushed corn flakes, freeze it ROCK HARD - and then deep fry it for just a few seconds. Or just buy some at a Mexican restaurant. It's delicious.

Dy

 
At 8:44 PM , Blogger Frankie said...

I'm with Dy, that reminded me of fried ice cream. Yummy!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home