No Harm Done

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Teach Your Children Well.

Aunt D. will appreciate today's photo.

Many, many years ago Auntie D. was my college roommate. We were roomies for all four years, and she knows me better than almost anyone.

She will readily tell you about my complete lack of fashion sense or color-matching ability. When I buy clothes I usually ask salespeople to help, or I'll match a look that I like on a display. Aunt D. is an artiste and would often pull something out of my closet and say, "You know, you could put this top with this skirt...." Or she'd lift an eyebrow as I was about to leave for class, and say," Uh-uh. Not wearing that."

Today we rushed around getting ready to go grocery shopping, and I didn't see Brogan's clothing selections until we were heading out the door. It would appear that he has inherited his mom's fashion sense:


Allow me to detail the outfit for you: Hunter orange shirt, bright blue Hawaiian shorts with shocking red flowers (despite the fact that it was cold, windy, and rainy today), black knee socks, one white sock with sharks on it on top of the black sock, and black sandals.

And I'll answer the unasked question: Yes, I did let him leave the house like this. He has the rest of his life to match his clothes. I want him to enjoy these years when he's small enough to get away with black knee socks and Hawaiian shorts. He won't be able to do that again until he's retired!

3 Comments:

At 1:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That made me smile. Brogan dressed like my dad does when the female members of his family don't interfere.

 
At 9:53 AM , Blogger PB&K said...

Reminds me of grad students.

 
At 10:13 PM , Blogger Dy said...

LOL! What a cutie! Zorak always says, "Let them do it while it's still cute." Hence, we have many photographs of the boys wearing cowboy boots w/ shorts and capes - or Hawaiian print shirts with brown corduroy pants and purple socks. What scares me is that the women go NUTS over cute little guys dressed like hungover grad students! That's a little weird...

Dy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home