No Harm Done

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

It Was Darkest Just Before Dawn

Last night, I was excited about the possibilities of a whole day with nothing we *had* to do. No appointments. No calls to return. No errands. Just "Amazing Race" after the kids are in bed.

BUT….

This morning Brogan wandered into our bedroom well before dawn saying something about "creepy nightmares. " I was only half-awake, but I think the gist of it was that he hadn't actually had any creepy nightmares. He was worried that he might have one. Brogan climbed into bed and we tried to go back to sleep.

I woke up while it was still dark, and heard Brogan saying, “My tummy hurts.” I only had time to roll over and look at him before he began vomiting. In my bed. All over me.

Great. The day could only get better from here. Right?

Poor sick Brogan spent much of the day doing quiet things accompanied by an empty ice cream bucket. Just. In. Case.



We set up the DVD player on a tray table next to his bed, propped him up with pillows, set the bucket nearby, and provided him with two DVDs. (Thank you again, Auntie G., for the gift of the DVD player!) Colson sat with Brogan to watch movies, but wisely kept out of vomiting range.
Tonight Brogie fell asleep less than 10 minutes after his head hit the pillow. Yes, I timed it.

The day did improve after its icky start, though. Today was Day 2 in my massive spring cleaning campaign. I started yesterday by making a master list of every drawer, cupboard, shelf, or closet on the main floor. Then I cleaned and decluttered them, one by one. It was a dusty chore, but I loved the feeling of crossing off each location after it was cleaned. At the end of the day today, I’d finished everything except Braden’s room.

Next will be just surface cleaning. I cleaned inside of everything, now I’ll clean the house and get rid of all the dust this kicked up.

After work,
M. surprised me by bringing home a couple of 2 liters of soda.

This day did get better. I love a clean house. I love Coca-Cola. Even though I’m trying to stop drinking the stuff.

Coca-cola…. I just can’t quit you.

3 Comments:

At 9:41 AM , Blogger Dy said...

Oh, poor little guy! I sure hope it's a short-lived bug. Smart brother - kind enough to keep him company, but wise enough to stay out of target range. {{hugs}}

WAY TO GO on the cleaning and decluttering! I'm so proud of you (it feels really great, doesn't it?) Enjoy your soda!
Dy

 
At 9:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sickness is striking everywhere! I hope that Brogan feels better soon and that the rest of you don't catch his bug. Two of my kids threw up this week, thankfully in a container, but I still almost lost it while dumping the contents. Of course, nowadays I almost lose it while brushing my teeth. :)
Congrats on your spring cleaning! I'm jealous.

 
At 7:30 AM , Blogger Laney said...

Ick! I hate being barfed on! Poor Brogan, is he feeling better now?

Way to go on the declutter!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home