No Harm Done

Monday, October 31, 2005

So, What Did You Do All Day?

One of these days I need to do a "Day In The Life" post for the WTM board. But today is not that day.

So.. what did I do all day?

Braden and I did school. Colson and I worked on potty-training. I kept trying to tidy the kitchen and living room. (losing battle, that.) I made my bed and folded 2 loads of laundry left from Marc's trip. I vaccuumed the basement (the carpet guys installed today and our basement is DONE!!). I washed the windows and dusted the basement as well. I watched a little tv, and snuggled with some small boys. Braden and I played Parcheesi. Somehow during the day, I was able to bake 5 loaves of lemon and poppy seed pound cake and 10 loaves of banana bread. All but 2 loaves are wrapped and labelled for the freezer.

It wasn't terribly exciting, but it's a nice feeling to get to the end of the day and see how productive you've been.

Brogan and Braden have discovered the joys of playing "Age of Empires" on the computers. We have them both set up side-by-side in the office, and they play different games and talk as they conquer. Brogan plays like me - he just likes to build happy, productive little villages. Braden likes to invade and conquer others.

Colson has taken to pretending he's a kitty. Usually he likes to play this when he's sleepy or feels in need of some snuggling. He'll crawl up into my lap and meow while I pet him. I love hearing his tiny voice meow. He won't be wanting to play this for long. Brogan has already started saying, "Just one kiss, Mom. That's it." Sigh.....

I'm going to enjoy this little kitty for as long as I can.

1 Comments:

At 9:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You WERE very productive! Sounds like a day full of satisfying activity. Congrats on your basement being completed!

I wish my 6yo Sophie would decide to pretend something cute like a kitty instead of talking annoying baby talk, complete with what I call a "dumb baby" look. You mean I'm supposed to treasure this time?

I'm glad you came to a decision yesterday, though I'm sorry it had to be an ISSUE. Thanks for the recipe!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home