No Harm Done

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Well, THAT'S Anticlimactic!

Okay, fair warning: I'm posting photos for my family members who have asked about the surgery.

I gave the anesthesiologist a disposable camera to take pictures. I knew he hadn't taken many, but it turned out he only took 2. Neither of them were gory, thank goodness. Still, I hoped he would have taken more.

This is one of the nurses who assisted. I think her name was Shanna.



This is me with Lena. She was the nurse who, even though I tried to butter her up and get on her good side, would not help me convince the surgeon to do even a little liposuction on the side. (I should've brought chocolate to sweeten the deal.) The thing I enjoy most about this photo is that even though my eyes are open and I'm smiling, I have no memory of this picture being taken.




2 days after surgery: the bandages.



7 days after surgery:the bandages have been removed.


3 weeks later, the incision is still very noticeable, but it's not fiery red anymore. I get a kick out of watching people I haven't seen all summer very consciously avoid looking below my chin.

6 Comments:

At 8:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad your pictures weren't gory. I would have looked and then felt sick. You don't look like zipperneck anymore!

 
At 2:52 PM , Blogger Mental multivitamin said...

How quickly you're healing, Hillary! Is this the end of the ordeal? Sending good thoughts your way.

Melissa

P.S. Thanks for the note about my disguised dear one. They crack. me. up.

(*grin*)

 
At 1:43 AM , Blogger Dy said...

Aw, I wish he'd taken more shots! It looks like you're healing really well, and even better, you sound good. How ya feelin'?
Dy

 
At 6:48 AM , Blogger Kim said...

I'm with Dy; how are you feeling?

 
At 8:08 AM , Blogger H said...

You know, I'm feeling great! The only thing I can complain about is that my sleep schedule is off. I don't fall asleep until1 am, or so. Ugh! Once I get that taken care of I'll be back to "normal."

 
At 9:52 PM , Blogger Donna Boucher said...

Oh, you are healing very nicely!

I'm so happy you are doing so well.

Donna

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home