No Harm Done

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Wednesday: In Which it Rains Lasagne, and I Pass a Test - Finally!

Before my surgery, I tried to be really on the ball and stock the pantry and freezer with food that would be easy for M. to fix. I bought a lot of frozen foods from the store (shudder), stocked the pantry with Hamburger Helper-type starter meals, and baked 2 large pans of lasagne to store in the freezer.

Lasagne is a family favorite, but I tend not to make it very often. It also freezes well.

Anyway, so I have 2 large pans of lasagne in the freezer.

Last week, my mom sends us a surprise package from Omaha Steaks! Yum!!! Inside is a note explaining how she didn't think I'd be up to eating steaks after my surgery but she thought their lasagne would be easy to eat. Not quite as Yum!!! as steaks, but we like lasagne, and Omaha Steaks has some good food, so we looked forward to trying it.

Fast-forward to yesterday. A lovely family from church dropped by to bring us a meal. Completely out of the blue, and solely because they are such wonderful, thoughtful people. They left a pan of lasagne for us. By this point I'm amused, but we really like lasagne here, so it's all good.

Last night, another family from church brought us dinner. This woman has a reputation as a wonderful cook, and we were looking forward to her coming. ( M. was out of town, and although I was feeling good, I just wasn't up to feeding my boys much beyond PB & J. ) As she walked into our home, I warily eyed the square casserole pan she was carrying. Do my delight, she revealed a delicious-looking broccoli and rice casserole. Yum!!!

This morning, Brogan's Sunday School teacher came over with dinner for this evening. Brogan kind of enjoyed seeing his teacher out of church, in a butterflies-in-the-tummy kind of way. (Kind of like seeing your grade school teacher in the grocery store.) She brought us for dinner her signature dish........ lasagne!!!!!!!

We really do like lasagne.....thankfully. And I am so thankful for these kind families who brought us meals during this time, and thoughtfully brought things that they hoped our family would enjoy as much as theirs do. We're looking forward to sampling all the different variations.

As for the test...... I visited the surgeon today. The pathology report came back today and everything is clear!! And no parathyroids were damaged in the removal of the thyroid. So, no follow-up or testing is required, other than a six-week checkup to see how the scar is healing.

Additionally, the boys started AWANA again tonight. They really love this program. We've been attending since Braden was 3. Brogan started his second year of Cubbies tonight, and we'd been praying for him in this. He's been feeling a little lonely lately, so we've been praying that Jesus would bring him a special friend. After AWANA, Brogan and another boy were playing on the floor together - dinosaurs attacking cars in a Fisher-Price parking garage. Jungle animals were also involved, but I'm not sure how. I was so encouraged to see him playing *with* another boy and not merely *in the vicinity* of another boy, that when one of the leaders asked if I could help her co-ordinate this year's Bible Quizzing I agreed without hesitation.

6 Comments:

At 12:51 AM , Blogger Dy said...

Oh, praise the Lord!!! I am so thankful. Hey, you might want to have a big dinner to celebrate. I'm thinkin' you could serve lasagna, and have everyone bring side dishes pot luck. :-)

Dinosaurs and small cars? Oh, it's a match made in heaven.

I'm thankful for so many answered prayers this week. YAY!

Dy

 
At 2:21 PM , Blogger Donna Boucher said...

Thank you God for Hillary's great report! Thank you, thank you!!!

Ya know what I bring?
homemade chicken noodle soup...
Ya know why?
Cause eveyone else brings....
lasagne :o)

It's humbling how thoughtful everyone is, isn't it?
Maybe God wants you to eat all that lasagne...all those good healthy tomatoes...

Donna

 
At 6:59 PM , Blogger J-Lynn said...

Great news on the report Hillary!!!

ROFL@the lasagna, my MIL just sent us some Omaha Steak Lasagna as well - small world. She also sent these Potato Au Gratin things that are actually giant potato balls. Odd, but it's free so we'll eat it! LOL

Hugs, keep on healing quickly and I'll keep on praying...

 
At 10:51 PM , Blogger Kim said...

Sounds like you are on the mend! Praise God for a good report.

 
At 12:25 AM , Blogger Randi said...

Funny about the multitude of lasagne in your freezer! At least frozen lasagne is good for giving to someone else who needs a dinner! ;)

Glad your results came back well!

 
At 9:30 AM , Blogger Laney said...

Wow, thank goodness you like lasagne!

I am glad that your surgery went well, I saw on WTM, that you were having the surgery and Donna asked us to pray for you. Rest well and recover quickly.

I love when my boys find nice friends to play with, too.

Laney

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home