No Harm Done

Monday, September 19, 2005

Tabula Rasa

So I've been suffering from a blogger's version of writer's block. Last week a friend told me that she and her mom have been reading my blog and that they both think I'm really funny. She went on and on about funny things I've written and how I need to write a book. (????)

I've never received compliments on anything that I've written before (Well, not true. Mr. Linville, my freshman English teacher, really liked my work. But that was many years ago, my friend, and even then he was a bit..... eccentric.) I left the conversation with my friend feeling very happy that someone other than me enjoys reading this blog..... until I sat down to post again.......

Nothing.

My fingers hovered over my keyboard; poised and ready for action. I had nothing to write about. The words, "Funny.....funny" echoed in my brain, and I couldn't think of anything to write about. Too. Much. Pressure.

I got up for a snack, convinced that when I returned I'd have a topic at hand.

Nope. It's been several days now. I suppose I should be glad that nothing catastrophic has happened for me to make light of. In fact, yes! I will be thankful that nothing horrible has happened.

And so, today I will just post pictures. :)


Jazz hands!!!




Brogan found a great hiding place for Hide-And-Seek.




We played with dry ice from Omaha Steaks.

3 Comments:

At 3:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, a picture is worth a thousand words, right? And the picture of Brogan in the trash can is very funny! One of my earliest memories (younger than 5)is of my "Funny Grandpa" hanging me upside down by my ankles over a trashcan, saying that he was going to dump me in a pot of boiling oil. I would shriek in terror until he put me down and then I'd beg, "Do it again, Grandpa! Do it again!!"

 
At 7:16 PM , Blogger Kim said...

Yep, when in doubt, use pictures.

 
At 1:46 AM , Blogger Dy said...

Oh, how can you go wrong with boys like those? They look like such fun!! :-D I love pictures, too - they help fill in the mental picture as I read.

But don't tell me that with three wonderful, active, and creative boys like that, you can't think of a thing to blog. ;-)

dy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home