No Harm Done

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Wow. A Club That Wants Me?

I got a membership letter this weekend for a national organization that would apparently love to have me as a member. They even sent me a temporary membership card and list of potential benefits!

I was surprised, not by the fact that a fairly politically liberal organization would offer me membership, but also that they SO wanted me as a member they rather hastily took steps to recruit me.

Care to guess which group?

(Please tell me that "MENSA" was the first word out of your mouth. )


Anyone guess the DNC? No. Though that would be fun. I think I might enjoy that.


No, I have been offered membership in the American Association of Retired People. Yes, the AARP has informed me that I am fully eligible for benefits.

I'm only 34. I'm 34.

I used to tease my Dad when he started geting mail from the AARP, but he was in his early fifties. Not near retirement, but I could tease him about his early recruitment.

But 34. Wow! Should I feel honored?

2 Comments:

At 12:17 PM , Blogger Dy said...

I'm just cracking up b/c you're the first person outside our bizarre group of friends to say *aloud* that it's a fairly liberal organization. ;-)

We get a lot of recruiting flyers for groups like Emily's List and so forth. We laugh to think "if they only knew..."

So, are you going to revel in your senior discounts for a while before you let them in on your little underage secret?

Dy

 
At 10:24 AM , Blogger Donna Boucher said...

They are just goofy.

So wrong.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home