No Harm Done

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Pictures of the Painted Kitchen

Here we are at last! Here are pictures of my kitchen, now that the walls are colored and I almost have everything put back. We ended up liking the color more than I thought we would. Well, except for Braden. Braden maintains that he will never get used to it and cannot imagine [insert dramatic eye roll here, please] why anyone would want a green kitchen.

This first picture is of a scroll hanging between the archway to the living room and the sliding glass door in the dining room. The patch of tan in the archway is where I tested a paint for the living room. I am not picking that paint. Bleh.

Anyway..... the scroll was given to us by our sister-in-law. While their family was living in China she hired a calligrapher to pen Bible verses onto several scrolls. The one we have is Romans 5:19

"For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous."





The following photo is taken from the archway and looks into the dining room/ kitchen. I still have a couple more things to hang on the walls, but overall I'm happy with it. The green doesn't make the kitchen look dark, as I was worried it might.



This last picture is looking into the kitchen from the wall where the scroll is hung.



I can start plotting what I will do to the living room next. This will be the most challenging room, as it has a long staircase down to the basement, and I'm not sure how I will reach to paint or tape the ceiling and walls around it. I will worry about that another day, though. Today, I will sit in my still-smells-like-new-paint kitchen and enjoy my tea.

5 Comments:

At 11:53 PM , Blogger Amy said...

I like it a lot - you did a very nice job! For the record, I like the khaki color also. I think the two go very nicely together. Great job!

 
At 1:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks great! Good job. :-) Denise from WTM board

 
At 10:31 AM , Blogger Dy said...

Oh, Hillary, you have me so excited! Can I use you for my muse? I'm so not "bold" when it comes to paint. I get excited over taupe trim. LOL. But this turned out lovely.

Love the scripture scroll. What a thoughtful gift.

Now, please, make me feel better and tell me you tidied the kitchen to take the picture...

Dy

 
At 6:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the soft green!
Mom

 
At 9:15 PM , Blogger H said...

Thank you!

And Dy, all I will say is that MFS is *my* muse! LOL!

Hillary :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home