No Harm Done

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Can't Breathe......Chest Pain....

I've just been reading someone's blog about his crazy, e-bay obsessed mother. The site is filled with pictures of their home and the author's dry, somewhat sarcastic narration of the home.

After just looking at those pictures, my chest is tight, and I feel stressed out and claustrophobic . How do people live like that?!?!

There are people I meet all the time who do not understand my need to have a clutter-free home. I love to organize and clean and assign every object a home. ( A place for everything and everything in its place.)

There are many reasons why order is important to me, but a large part of the reason I do this is so my family will not have to live like this:



There are more pictures of this sort. The house is filled with them. Some of the pictures are funny. The narration almost always is. But how does one live in a house that is essentially a storage shed? How do you relax?

Okay, I need to go get a cup of tea, relax, and take deep, cleansing breaths. I'll turn on some calming music and watch my boys play.

On a clean floor.

In a clean room.

With sunshine streaming in the windows.

And potpourri simmering nearby.

5 Comments:

At 6:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hillary, I can relate! Although it took me some years to move from chaos to an organized home, now that I'm here? I can't tolerate clutter build-up.

Because I'm not naturally organized, I slip all the time--but the sense of sweet visual relief that comes from clear and clean surroundings is such a good motivator that I charge into it!

Love the blog!

 
At 8:07 PM , Blogger H said...

Thanks, CEO!

I slip all the time, too. It's pictures like the one I linked to that help keep me motivated.

Hillary :)

 
At 6:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even the site won't load quickly for me. Must be all the clutter clogging it up!

I'm with you. Give me clutter free! I got rid of so many of my knick knacky things when we moved in January that I actually had to go boy a couple recently! I have a computer armoire in our bedroom and it looked naked with nothing on top of it. So I bought two little pottery thingies and a candle holder to put on top.

And I have so few flat surfaces for knick knacks anyway - if someone did buy me anything that sat, I'd have nowhere to put it!!

I love that!

 
At 7:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, it's not just slow. It will not load. I guess the internet can't even see the site over the clutter. Can you re-try that link?

 
At 12:26 PM , Blogger Dy said...

LOL! I saw that last month, and can't bring myself to go back. If we can't wrestle on the living room floor w/o somebody getting stabbed in the head by some random object, it's time to tidy.

I couldn't do it. Could not. Would set things on fire first.

Dy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home