No Harm Done

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Ha HAH!! You are DONE!

Finally, the room I dreaded most is DONE! The kitchen, a room that I have put off painting due to my color indecision and fear of taping injuries, is now painted and holding a few small pieces of decoration.

The last two houses in which we lived had naked walls. Why put nail holes in when we weren't sure how long we were staying? We're not sure how long God will have us here, but we decided that we can no longer live as nomads. We must put things on our walls and act as if we are ready to put down roots.

I am no decorator ("THAT'S for sure!" snort those who know me), but I decided that I cannot let the decorating and de-cluttering shows that I love intimidate me. I have finally gotten to the place where I don't yearn for fancy rooms filled with antiques, luxurious fabrics, and Christopher Lowell's "Seven Layers of Design." I just want my rooms clean, comfortable, and peaceful.

But if Vern Yip showed up at my house, I sure wouldn't turn him away!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home