No Harm Done

Friday, April 02, 2010

My Post of Reckoning

I want to thank everyone who read yesterday’s post about Colson joining a Latin dance troupe. Some of you sent me e-mails, some commented here, and others commented on Facebook. But all of your words were read and appreciated.

Now, there’s no easy way to say this, so I’m just going to say it straight-out. It’ll be like ripping off a Band-Aid, but without the hair loss.


Ready?

Scroll down and check the date of that post.

Go ahead. I’ll wait. Go on!

OK, are you back? Then I will proceed.


Yesterday was April 1 and each year, in honor of the holiday, I write an April Fool’s Day blog entry.

This year’s entry was memorable for two reasons:


1. For the first time no family member of mine actually believed the entry. That is a first!

2. My "Internet Buddy" (who shall not be named here) did not fall for it! This is also a first. I can usually count on her to fall hook, line, and sinker. Every. single. year. Way to go Internet Buddy! You're on to my wily ways. I see I shall have to be especially tricksy in order to fool you next year!

And to those of you who got the joke early on: Thank you for not spoiling it for others!

For those who would like to read past entries, here they are. Click on the colored hyperlinks to read:


2008 – In Which I Get My Groove On. (My Foray into Pole Dancing.)
(Read the April 2nd reveal here.)

2007- In Which Hillary Supports Hillary (a.k.a. “Hillary Squared”)
(Read the April 2nd reveal here.)


2006- In Which I Confess My Secret Love of Gangsta’ Rap
(Read the April 2nd Reveal Here)

4 Comments:

At 9:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL Hillary! You had me going!!

I just read your pole dancing post..glad your mom knew it was April 1st instead of having a heart attack like my mom would!

beth

 
At 9:37 PM , Blogger H said...

Actually, Beth, my mom believed the entry. She talked it up to other family members until my sister clued her in. :)

 
At 9:38 PM , Blogger Dy said...

Yeah... I'm a slow learner, but I can be taught. Thanks, Friend! :-) (I did thoroughly enjoy the pictures, though - what a blast!!)
~Anonymous (mostly)

 
At 10:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hillary...you are so funny...Dave says you have always been a bit of a card! i'm laughing...with time differences i didn't notice the date of the blog. still cracking up!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home