No Harm Done

Friday, July 18, 2008

I Think It's A Compliment, But....


Okay... I should be cleaning. (shudder) And I should be unpacking. But I had to blog about this because it made my day....I think.

The 1900 house is four blocks away from the city library.
This means we are able to walk to-and-fro whenever we like. We've been there three times in the five days we've lived here, and have enjoyed the walk each time.

Today, as we walked home, a car stopped alongside us and the driver asked if she could ask us a question.

I said, "Sure!" but in my head I was thinking, "I've only been here 4 days, and I have no idea where anything is, so I hope she doesn't need directions."

She laughed and asked, "Are you homeschoolers?"


"Um.... yes we are," I answered. "How could you tell?"

"Oh. You can just tell," she smiled.

What was it, exactly, that tipped her off? Other than the fact that we were carrying library books, we looked just like any other family walking down the street..... I think.

I'm going to assume she just thought we looked super-smart!

4 Comments:

At 9:13 PM , Blogger Frankie said...

Really? Wow.

Maybe it's because your children were well-behaved.

Maybe it's because you were WITH your children.

Interesting. I'd take it as a compliment and run with it! =)

 
At 9:12 AM , Blogger Meliss said...

Hee hee. You are one of THOSE families.

Maybe it was because the boys don't have shaggy hair?

 
At 3:53 PM , Blogger H said...

Frankie- Absolutely right. I'm assuming it was acompliment and won't consider anything else. :)

Melissa - I hadn't noticed, really, but there IS a lot of shaggy hair going around, isn't there. I didn't really pay attention to that until recently.

 
At 10:48 PM , Blogger Frankie said...

Eeks, my son has shaggy hair. He wants to grow it long enough to wear a ponytail. But he still looks like a homeschooler, because he likes button-down shirts or his homeschool t-shirt.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home