No Harm Done

Monday, June 23, 2008

"The Purpose of a Man..."

Quick! Do you know what it is???

What is the purpose of a man?

Two weeks ago Braden started learning pieces from a book of rock and roll songs. (I must say, I am enjoying listening to him practice these songs more than I thought I would!) One of his first songs was "The Game of Love." I did not recognize the song from the title, but after he played the first measure I raced into the living room to sing along.

Aunt D. and I *loved* this song in college. It was on the "Good Morning, Vietnam" soundtrack, which was a regular in our cassette tape rotation that year.


One of the things I love about my college roomie, Auntie D., is that I can call her early in the morning, nearly 20 years after our freshman year of college, and ask her this question.

And I know that she will answer, without doubt or hesitation, with the first line of the song: "The purpose of a man is to love a woman."

So here's a flashback to college for Auntie D., and a flashback to high school for Mom and Dad! :)


2 Comments:

At 12:53 AM , Blogger Dy said...

Sweet! I love that!

Dy, your loyal reader, pathetic commenter. :-)

 
At 6:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way cool, far out, and would-you-believe rockin'!

I want to hear more from this piano book!

Grandma E.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home