No Harm Done

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

And Now For Something Completely Different...


Work continues at the 1900 House.

Today saw us solving a mystery. What do we do about the light in the basement that turned on but wouldn't turn off? Braden pulled and pulled on the cord, but to no avail.

After pushing aside nearby paneling, we could see where the light cords were plugged into a power strip of some sort. I unplugged those, and off went the lights! And off I went to the bathroom to wash off the layers of dust that cascaded onto me.

At the end of Day 11, the kitchen is done, as is the foyer, the entryway, and the living room. I mopped the walls and ceiling upstairs, and have started on the dining room. Tomorrow I hope to finish the dining room, then start on the bedrooms this weekend.

I have hit sort of a cleaning wall, and today we spent a lot of time watching tv. We "accidentally" have cable, and until the cable guy comes out to fix it we're enjoying all 80 channels. Woo-hoo!

I took all my photos off the camera so that I could take pictures of the real 1900 House, and realized I haven't posted anything in a long time. So, here's a photo from way back in June:


That's Brogan way up there on the high dive. This year he was finally tall enough to go off the diving boards and slides, and he didn't let anything intimidate him. He tried the lower board once, and then went straight for the high dive. After that, there was no looking back. He's done cannonball after cannonball from that height.

Oh, and Dad, Brogan tried swimming butterfly today. He's never tried it, and he did a beautiful 25 yards of great Fly. He's wanting to race you when we come visit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home