No Harm Done

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Yay! We're Back!

We've taken a few months off of swimming over the winter, and May 1st we started back at the pool.

I've missed it. I didn't realize until after we stopped going how much the boys needed that physical outlet. Swimming laps 7.5 hours a week burns a lot of pre-adolescent energy!!

Brogan's back in lessons, and he's almost ready for swim team. He can swim the freestyle and backstroke, has mastered the breaststroke kick, ad is learning the dolphin kick. (You use that during the butterfly.)



I was worried that Braden's first day back would be hard, but he didn't complain. His level swims for an hour and a half, and swims hundreds of yards over the course of one practice. At the end of his first practice, he came out of the locker room with his hair uncombed.

Me: "Why didn't you comb your hair?"

Braden: "I can't lift my arms."

But he was smiling. So it's good. :)



In these photos the kids are swimming the breaststroke. I just love the angle of Braden's mouth in the photo below.

To me, it says, "OXYGEN!!!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home