No Harm Done

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Children's Photography 101

At some point during the year I always try to get a picture of Grandma H. with all of the grandkids. For Christmas she'll get a copy of the photo as a present.



We haven't all been together very often, so opportunities for pictures are few. Also, it's tough to get 6 children to face the camera, close their mouths, open their eyes, and smile (no-not a cheesy smile - a real smile) at the same time.





So far, this is the contender for the Christmas photo. Yes, Brogan's well on his way to sticking out his tongue, and yes, Braden's eyes are dark, shiny caverns of..... well.... darkness. (Who out there knows how to take photos of people with glasses?) STILL, despite all that, this isn't half bad.


I took about 20 shots. Most look like this:





I've found that if I take enough pictures of them being goofy, they're more willing to sit still for a good grandma-worthy shot or two.

5 Comments:

At 11:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote for picture number 2 for the Christmas cards! Great picture.

 
At 2:05 PM , Blogger Shel said...

I think you ought to use the goofy one. It will remind Grandma of the joy of her grandchildren. It is probably more representative of them anyway. No group of kids sits quiet and still like they are posing for a picture without bribes, threats, etc. The silly one lets their true personalities shine through!

 
At 1:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm casting my vote for the silly one also! Very cute!!

 
At 2:10 PM , Blogger Krista said...

I haven't been to your blog in a long time. It's always fun to check in. I finally have started blogging, mostly through photos. anyways, my name should give you the link if you want to look-
Krista M.

 
At 11:18 AM , Blogger Krista said...

Some ways I thought you might want to pray for C. R. Our first stint team starts in Jan. It's made up of U of I and OSU people. The spring break and summer trips saw quite a few come to Christ. Carlos, country dir., is praying for leaders with a heart for evangelism to be raised among the students. He then hopes students will desire to go to the Middle East. One student went to CM07, and now desires to go to Egypt. Pretty Cool. Anyways, good to hear from you. We'll be trekking through your home state on Thursday, we're getting up early driving to Roaring Waters and then driving to CO the next day. Have a great summer!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home