No Harm Done

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Raising Beau Brummel

I've posted before about my fashion issues and their influence on my offspring.

This week I've started having the boys lay out their clothes for the next day before they go to bed. It's part of my master plan for for "painless choretime!" I'll elaborate in another post.

Anyway, through this new routine I've been able to learn something about my two younger boys. Brogan usually does pretty well. He generally will pick out clothes that match, but will have a difficult time putting them on in the morning.

Hence, this ensemble.


Lovely, isn't it? Really highlights his ribs. And -oooh! Look! An innie!

Believe it or not he actually wanted to try and make it through school and breakfast like this. (Hee! Hee!)

Now, Colson is different. Before bedtime, he likes to go through his dresser and find a shirt he likes and a pair of shorts he likes. No attention is paid to color or pattern - just their likeability factor. So he ends up with odd color and pattern combinations - stripes and checks together, etc.

But some days, Colson like to wear all his favorite clothes at once. Last Sunday morning he appeared in our bedroom and announced that he was dressed and ready for church.


Let's count, shall we? Hmm, he's wearing one pair of sweat pants, an undershirt, two long-sleeved shirts, a striped T-shirt, and and argyle-ish sweater-vest.

Here's a closer look:

He cried when I made him pick one shirt and one pair of pants, poor boy.

3 Comments:

At 6:17 PM , Blogger Shel said...

We have the same issues with Jo. She picks clothes based on likeablity and some small color in common. Like pink. If the shirt has hot pink in it in one small spot, nevermind that it is mostly orange it should go with the pink plaid capris. I usually go with the "which part of the outfit are you committed to, pants or shirt, pick" then I pick something to go with her choice. At least if we are leaving the house I do that. If we are staying home, I don't care.

 
At 11:21 PM , Blogger Darin said...

I think I wore something like that to Cole Elementary.

 
At 12:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

sometimes i forget how cool and funny kids can be!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home