No Harm Done

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

He's A Yankee Doodle Boy



Look at him! Isn't he adorable!

Brogan chose to be in the choir class at our homeschool co-op this year. It was an interesting choice for him, because Brogan has never shown any interest in singing. He's will sit quietly and listen to the other children singing, but never opens his mouth.

I'm thankful he chose choir, though, because it helped me to learn something about him. During class, he would never sing a song with the other kids until he knew the song. He would sit and listen, and then when he felt sure of the words and the melody he would join in.

I've noticed him doing this in other areas as well: watching other kids play a game and then joining in when he had it all figured out, etc. I never really picked up on the fact that this was how he processed new things. I'm so thankful that his choir experience helped me to piece this together.

The photo was taken during the choir's spring concert. They sang all patriotic songs. Brogan loved his top hat. And, true to form, Brogan didn't sing all of the songs. He sang his favorite songs, or his favorite lines, and was quiet the rest of the time.

But when he did sing, he put his whole body into it!

2 Comments:

At 1:53 PM , Blogger The School Counselor Epic said...

Hey Hilary, email me at bullards95@juno.com. I have a question for you that Julie suggested I get in touch with you for. Thanks.
Keisha

 
At 2:35 PM , Blogger Meliss said...

He is adorable! Love the expression!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home