No Harm Done

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Another Public Service Message

Dear Readers, it has come to my attention that I must dispel the rumor that my home is immacculate at all times.

After comments made by a couple of friends recently, it appears that pictures I've posted on my blog over the past two years have caused some difficulty for others.


I do like things to be clean and orderly.



And it is true that I despise clutter.



But please do not assume that my house looks this clean all the time.



Readers, I am the mother of three boys. Three very active and, at times, very messy boys. It does not take much time for them to deconstruct the peaceful environment I've tried to create.


Last week, for example, M. treated us to a dinner out at Red Robin. As we waited for our meal the kids entertained themselves by doing the activities on the back of their placemats. Unbeknownst to anyone, Brogan slipped four crayons into his jeans pocket so he could bring them home and color. Because, you know, we don't have any crayons at our house. (sigh.)

Saturday morning, I pulled a load of laundry out of the dryer and it was rainbow-colored!

And so was the inside of my dryer and the lint vent. Ugh!

All week long, I dealt with the waxy mess in my dryer. Dirty laundry stacked up as I washed and rewashed the ruined clothes, trying to save them. I scrubbed the inside of the dryer again and again, trying to remove the wax. I ran load after load of wet rags through the dryer in an attempt to get any hidden wax out. By Friday, the rags I put in the dryer finally came out clean.

But by then, after a week, I had a lot of laundry to do! So Saturday and Monday were spent washing and drying laundry. As a load came out of the dryer, I'd add it to a pile on the lowboy in my bedroom. I created a mountain of clean laundry, and only when every item was clean did we sit down to fold and put away.

Here is the beginning of the pile, two loads in. I think I did six loads of laundry when all was said and done. You'll have to use your imagination to picture the final pile.



My house is not always perfect. Your house will not always be perfect. As long as neither home is a haven for rodents, bugs, disease, I'm okay with that.




1 Comments:

At 7:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I now have a permanent laundry room, but pretty soon my mother-in-law will be in it. I'm afraid of what might happen when she is here.

Is Australia still a consideration?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home