No Harm Done

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Keeping Cool Under Stress

Tonight Colson was helping me set out sprinklers to water our mud yard. I turned my back on him to turn on the water when I hear him whimper and then yell, " Bug!!"

I turned around, but wasn't really looking at him, and said, "Oh? Did you see a bug?"

"Yeth!" he says, in a slightly more panicked voice. "BIG bug!"

At this I look and see a giant, green grasshopper perched on his right shoulder like a parrot. Colson knows the monstrosity is there, but has no idea what it is or what to do. So he holds very still (which is a very impressive feat for a two year-old, especially one who's terrified of the creature on his shoulder), and calls for help.

He may not be a budding entymologist, but at least he kept his cool under pressure. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home