No Harm Done

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Dude, We're Getting the Band Back Together!

Remember this?



In August of 2007, I joined with two ladies from church to form a vocal trio. We were each terrified of singing alone, but found that we loved singing together.

More than that, we loved practicing together. We loved talking with each other. Well, I did, anyway. I probably shouldn't presume that they loved it, too. They may well have quietly been wishing I would stop talking.


One year later, my family moved several hours away. Before we left, the trio got together and recorded a CD, with the help of our church family. It was never our original intent to make a recording, but we'd worked so hard over the year to learn the songs and we wanted some sort of "proof" that we had done it.




Our year was such a blessing to me, and I have thanked God many times that He brought us together. In fact, when I look back at my life in that city, the hours I spent with these women are among my most special memories.

The past two years apart have been filled with changes. My family moved several hours away. S. survived a massive stroke in the fall of 2008. I am so thankful that God spared her life, and that she hasn't quit fighting to regain lost ground.




In May I get to return to the fair city and sing with my friends again. I honestly never thought we would be able to do this. The distance apart was too far. S. wasn't certain if she would be able to overcome her health obstacles. None of us attend the same church anymore. But no obstacle is too great for God.

Even to sit in the same room with these two women is a pleasure that I didn't think I would be able to enjoy again. But to be able to sing with them again is a joy and a blessing for which I am very grateful.

Thank you so much, Lord, for these two women you've placed in my life. And thank you for the opportunity to see them and enjoy their company again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home