No Harm Done

Saturday, December 02, 2006

What a week!

Brogan's birthday was so big it took a week to include it all!

We began on Monday with Braden's present: a trip to Chuck E. Cheese and a soda. I was so impressed with Braden giving a gift that he knew Brogan would love, and my heart melted further when I heard Braden say, "Hey Brogan! Let's go get our picture taken together." He sprung for a pencil-sketch done of the two of them. So sweet!

On Tuesday we surprised Brogan with a trip to the pet store. He's long wanted pets, but with allergy issues in the home (and a mother with serious pet hair "issues") , furry pets are out. But fish are allowed, so we left the store that day with two goldfish and a "mystery snail." Why is it called a mystery snail, you ask?

I don't know. THAT'S a mystery.

Ba- DUM- bum.

Ah, friends, if I only had a nickel for every time I've heard that joke in the past two weeks.....well,...... I'd have LOTS of nickels.

Here's a photo of our fish "Yakko" and "Wakko," and the snail "Dot."


Well, it's mostly a picture of the tank, but trust me - they're in there.

Wednesday we had the birthday dinner of giant pancakes. We celebrated Wednesday, because Thursday was Thanksgiving and it would've overshadowed the celebration. My parents sent some cute clothes for Hubert: cowboy hat, boots, and overalls.


At the Black Friday sales, Grandma S. found clothes for Brogan to match.



We also set up the bunk beds again. Brogan's been waiting to sleep up on top like a big boy.


Birthday weekend also saw lots of swordplay.

1 Comments:

At 10:49 PM , Blogger Mallory said...

Oh my gosh! Hubert AND Brogan look so great in their new clothes!! That was so nice of Grandma Harm to find a matching outfit!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home