No Harm Done

Friday, July 03, 2009



We're here. We're just exhausted.

It's been a busy couple of weeks! Between unpacking, swim practice and meets, and Braden's lifeguard class (daily) I don't know whether I'm coming or going!

The good news is that technically, everything is unpacked at home. The main floor is unpacked, put away, and looks like a"real" house.


Well, a real house with nothing on the walls and nothing decorative set up.

But it's organized, and everything has a home. Yay!

We spent last weekend unpacking every. single. box. in the basement. Everything in the basement has been opened, sorted, and stacked into piles.

M. and Braden loaded the van and made 3 trips to Goodwill to unload donations. We made a giant, scary-looking pile of trash, paper, and empty boxes for the garbage man to pick up.


This weekend, we'll continue the process of finding homes for the stuff in the basement. We have company coming at the end of the month, and it's nice motivation to finish the job rather than procrastinate.

It's nice to see progress every day. But, I'll tell you, I'm tired. It's a good kind of tired, though.
The kind of tired that comes after a long day of hard work, as opposed to the tired from eating junk and sitting in front of the computer taking Facebook quizzes until after midnight.

Not that I know what that's like.

I'm just sayin'.

Anyway, today was spent running errands, making plans, and driving children to and fro. I was so tired I worried they'd find me passed out in the window treatment section of Home Depot.




On a separate topic, I want to say thank you to all of you who sent cards, photos, e-mails, or made phone calls to M. for his birthday. He enjoyed hearing from all of you. you really helped make his 40th special.

Thank you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home