No Harm Done

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Look! Doppelgangers!

Over at MyHeritage.com, you can scan in a photo of yourself and they'll scan it to find your celebrity look-alikes. Perhaps you will have better results.

I'm a little alarmed at mine. Other than Marie Curie, I don't know any of them. And honestly, I don't think they look a lot like each other, much less like me.

But I know that I probably don't see me the way others see me. I still look at pictures of my college self and think I haven't changed much. (Mom, stop snickering.)

Hm. Upon looking at these faces more closely, I'm starting to become a little alarmed at how much I resemble Jan Peter Balkenende.


MyHeritage - share your family tree and family pictures

4 Comments:

At 10:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is SO fun!! My closest match is Anne Hathaway... and even though she has a scarily-big mouth, I guess I can't complain. She certainly ain't no Marie Curie. ;)

-Mal

 
At 4:41 AM , Blogger Dy said...

OK, that was just weird - flattering, but weird. My closest matches were Camilla Belle & Marcia Cross at 83% and 80%, going down to the 70's after that w/ Kristin Kreuk, Helen Hunt...

All I have to say is, "I wish!" I was going to post the thing on my blog, but my picture next to all those professionally made-up women made any comparisons look even more absurd than the ides originally looked. So I sat there, looking at my forehead in the photo and thinking, "That looks an awful lot like James Caan's forehead..."

Hmmm...
Dy

 
At 11:42 PM , Blogger Dy said...

Tonight, I was posting photos and Zorak wanted me to post one of me holding Em. I declined. I hate posting photos of myself, but I couldn't tell him why, exactly. I'd just rather post cute kid pics, or landscaping, or pictures of the insulation...

Anyhow, this whole thing has me thinking... wasn't the last time you posted a photo of yourself actually a photo of post-op scarring??? Do you suffer from the same self-photo-posting aversion I do? C'mon, I think it's time for a new photo of the Divine Miss Hillary - traveling, homeschooling, humor seeking woman extraordinaire!

Dy

 
At 3:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to see the pic you scanned to get those "look-alikes"!

Hey, didn't ANYTHING happen between the 2nd & 7th?? What about the 6th?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home