No Harm Done

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Missed it By THAT Much!

We were so close! M. and I were within six hours of a long-awaited "date night," but had to cancel this afternoon. A sweet girl from church had offered to babysit the boys so M. and I could have some time together. But then Colson woke up with a fever, and spent most of the day languishing on the couch in front of the tv. He wanted me to sit next to him so he could lay his head on me, and then at random intervals said, "I love you, Mom. I really love you."

Poor guy.

By dinnertime the Tylenol had kicked in, and he was a bit more animated.

Otherwise it was a comfortably busy day. If our weekends are too empty, we all just kind of lay around the house like slugs.

"What should we do today?"
"I don't know. What do you want to do today?"
"I don't know. Hmm. Any ideas?"

Ugh!

But today was comfortably busy: just busy enough to keep us moving. Braden's AWANA group had study practice for Bible Quiz. The Commander treated the quizzers to donuts for breakfast and pizza for lunch. The practice was long, but the kids had a great time.

Afterwards, Braden had piano examinations at the local college. It's sort of a music festival that's set up and run by area music teachers. The children perform two pieces for an instructor who critiques and evaluates them. The kids have a sight-reading test and a music theory exam. Some kids will have 20 minutes to listen to a piece of music and then play it, by ear, to an instructor.

Parents were not allowed in on the sessions so I have no idea how Braden did, but he seemed to feel good about it. When I asked how he did he hemmed and hawed. Finally I asked him bluntly, "How do you think you did? " He just grinned and answered, "Well, I can't really tell you because I don't want to seem prideful. But I was good."

Funny guy. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home