No Harm Done

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

My Decorating Dilemma

Alaska and Puppdaddy have inspired me to get the projects done that I have been putting off. I kept waiting until I had a large window of time to complete them, and then never did. ‘Cause, you know, I don’t encounter large windows of free time very often. But, being ever optimistic, I kept expecting them to appear. However Alaska and Chris have managed to paint their entire house, and turn the garage into a man-cave (i.e. testosterone central) in the midst of moving across the country, unpacking, home schooling, and exploring their new community. The amount of work and energy they display put me to shame.

SO! I went to both Home Depot and Lowe’s gathering supplies. Last fall I re-finished and re-painted our kitchen table. So soon I will touch-up paint and put on a coat of polyurethane. In the meantime I sanded, stained, and polyurethaned a small bench that we’ve had since Boise.

I also got supplies to paint the boys’ room. While I’ve been painting, their room has been off-limits. Colson’s been sleeping in the playpen in our bedroom. Brogan and Braden have been camping out in our office. They weren’t too thrilled at first, but now I don’t think they’ll want to leave. They discovered that I can stream kids’ story programs and kids’ radio over the internet, so they can listen to stories and music as they fall asleep. Now they’re spoiled.

Anyway, my next project will be painting the kitchen. Maybe the living room too. But I can’t decide how to do this. Maybe someone will have a good idea. See, the kitchen and living room are next to each other, and they’re separated by an entryway. So how do I paint them different colors? There’s no clear starting/stopping point for the paint. I want the kitchen bright and cheery, and the living room a little calmer. I’ve posted pictures below.
Any ideas on how to solve this?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home