No Harm Done

Monday, May 09, 2005

Happy Mother's Day!

This morning M. and the boys made cinnamon rolls for breakfast. As an extra gift, they were all ready for church on time! Woo-hoo! No waltzing into classes 10 minutes late! It was nice for a change to be in our seats before classes started.

Colson went to the 2 year old's class for the first time, though he's not quite 2 yet. He had fun coloring and listening to a story. He obviously got something out of the Bible storytime, though. We asked him what the story was, and he said, "kee-us. Up. DOWN!" Turns out the story was about Zaccheus, a very wee man who perched in a tree to see Jesus pass by. We taught him the song, and he keeps asking us to sing it. He can even chime in on a couple of words now.

"Zaccheus was a wee little man, a wee little was he.
He climbed up on a sycamore branch for the Lord he wanted to see.
And as the Savior passed that way, He looked up in the tree.
And He said, "Zaccheus! You come down!"
For I'm going to your house today.
For I'm going to your house today."
After church I spent the day shopping. Just me. All. By. Myself. I could browse, and linger, and dream. Sigh! So where did I go and what did I buy? Why, I went to Home Depot of course. And bought paint, brushes, rollers, and polyeurethane. I'm painting the boys' room and re-painting our tables and chairs. I then went to the Jones Store and bought new bedding for the boys' room.
I am officially a mom.
But it was a fun shopping time! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home