No Harm Done

Thursday, July 22, 2010

A Car Crash, A Collapsing Building, and a Big Finale Blowout.

All three appear to be present in Braden's first attempt at playing "Tarantella" by Pieczonka at the proper speed (170 beats per minute).

He started out well ... and then I forgot to turn the page. (Whoops!)


As we listened to the video afterward, some of the chords he missed sound like something one might hear if car crashes and building demolishings had soundtracks. He completely lost the beat at the end, and ended with a spectacularly bad final chord.

Still, he enjoyed attempting the breakneck speed so much that he wanted me to put it on the blog for family and friends to see. He laughed a lot, and hasn't let it discourage him. He plans to try again when his fingers stop smoking.

I promise to post a video of this piece when he has it up to speed and catastrophe-free.




1 Comments:

At 10:30 PM , Blogger Dy said...

Wow! I cannot wait until he nails it. I just sat here, holding my breath, until the end. (Didn't realize I wasn't breathing, or that I was on the edge of my seat, until the very end.)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home