No Harm Done

Monday, June 20, 2005

Done!! It's Done! Now What Do I Do?

It took me over 2 weeks, and the rest of the house is in a state of chaos, but the boys' room and the bathroom are finally done, cleaned up, and put back together. Here are pictures of what they look like now.

With Braden's allergies, we have to keep all dust-catchers out of the room. (pictures, posters, etc.) With bare walls the room looked so unfriendly and cold. The stripes help liven it up. I had duvet covers made (The stripes match them...see?) for the big boys' beds. Now they don't have to mess with layers of blankets, top sheets, etc. Just one cover to straighten every morning. Once I get special dust-mite free blankets then this arrangement will cut down on the massive amounts of laundry we have to do.



For the boys' bath I went with a theme: rubber duckies. I kept the door closed all week and the bathroom was off-limits. Today we unveiled the new room. Colson kept saying, "My room? MY room?!!" and Brogan pronounced it , "Cool."



I'm just proud that it all came together. I was so worried as I painted. The white and yellow paints are nearly blinding. I was worried that anyone who walked into that room would have to shield their eyes.



My kitchen still looks as if it's been attacked by a leprechaun. There are patches of 3 different shades of green all over.

5 Comments:

At 7:28 AM , Blogger Donna Boucher said...

Hillary,

You did a wonderful job! I love the stripes on the walls. You are right it adds warmth and fun to a room that needs to be uncluttered. (I love uncluttered!)

The bathroom does not look too bright. Probably because there is no window in there! I think that is a good idea in a room without a window...to go with lightbright colors!

Well you should be pleased as punch with yourself!

Great job!

Donna

 
At 8:15 AM , Blogger H said...

Thank you for your encouragement, Donna!

I love the undluttered look too, and it's tough for me to beuncluttered but not "stark" and unfriendly. KWIM?

Now! Off to do the kitchen/living room next! :)
Hillary

 
At 7:42 PM , Blogger The Queen said...

It's GORGEOUS :) You did a fantastic job!

 
At 9:11 PM , Blogger H said...

Thanks, Alaska! You were my inspiration. :) And the entire time I was painting, I was trying to imagine how you got your entire house painted when you moved in. (Including the man-cave.) You must have unending energy.

 
At 11:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you need to post the leprechaun pictures now! I'd love the see the Before and After kind of shots! I LOVE the bathroom! SO cute! And the stripes are a great idea. Love 'em!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home